At Tiller School, our teachers and staff are proud to be part of our Tiller community. Our dedicated teachers and staff are passionate about children’s education. Our focus is the whole child. We believe in academic rigor as well as creative expression, social responsibility and environmental awareness. Our goal is to provide the best education possible. Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of the Tiller School community!
We envision Tiller School as a compassionate community that engages in rigorous academics, intellectual and aesthetic exploration and social responsibility.
Tiller School is dedicated to fostering curiosity, creativity, confidence, and competence through an innovative academic and social curriculum.
The Tiller Way
- Our school is a community of learners that serve as a model of congeniality, open communication, and trust.
- Our classrooms foster an atmosphere that is safe, respectful, and open to intellectual risk-taking.
- How children learn is as important as what they learn. Process and content go hand in hand.
- The social curriculum is as important as the academic curriculum. The greatest cognitive growth occurs through social interaction.
- To be successful academically and socially, children need a set of social skills: Cooperation, Assertion, Responsibility, Empathy and Self-control.
- Knowing the children we teach-individually, culturally, and developmentally-is as important as knowing the content we teach.
- Knowing the families of the children we teach and working with them as partners is essential to children’s education.
- How the adults at school work together is as important as their individual competence: Lasting change begins with the adult community.
Applications must be submitted to the Tiller School at 1950 Hwy 70 East in Beaufort, North Carolina, either in person, by mail or by fax (252) 728-3711.